This position is concerned with the overall activities of the kitchen operation in coordination with the Senior Assistant Manager of Food and Beverage, Restaurant and Bar Manager, Stewarding Team and the night cleaning contractors.
– Maintains the highest standard of food quality, food presentation, food merchandising, productivity, manning control, food cost and an energy conservation programme.
– Responsible for timely menu planning for conference and banqueting, restaurant and bar, all special events, outside catering and in room dining.
– Maintains effective communication with the other operating departments in the hotel such as Purchasing/ Stores, Maintenance, Accounts and Front Desk.
– Confers with GM on reports and annual budgets.
– Establishes kitchen policy and the continuous kitchen training plan for Sous Chefs, Chef de Panics / Commis / Kitchen Assistants.