Duties and Responsibilities:
• Investigates resident’s complaints relating to waste disposal and handling, and performs “windshield” inspections of business, public and private properties to ensure compliance with Title 19, chapter 56 and Title 29, Chapter 8 of the VIC and all related rules and regulations.
• Investigates incidents of illegal dumping of waste and seeks to indentify the responsible party(s): conducts follow-up and subsequent closure of all assigned complaints and/or investigations.
• Serves violators Orders for Corrective Actions (OCA), Notices of Non-Compliance (NONC) and other Administrative Orders (AO).
• Indentifies and recommends penalties for environmental damages caused by violators
• Initiates injunctive actions to halt and limit environmental damages, and prescribes remedial actions as necessary to restore appropriate environmental conditions.
• Review all Environmental Enforcement Officers work orders, investigates reports and complies and prepares monthly summaries of activities.
• Prepares work schedules for approval by Division Director and/or Senior Compliance Officer.
• Provides oversight, leadership, guidance and assistance to Environmental Enforcement Officers and trainee while in the field
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Visit Caribbean Jobs Online to apply for this position
Filed under: Career in Management, Career Opportunities in usvi, Caribbean, Caribbean employment, Caribbean Government Jobs, Caribbean Job Search, Caribbean Jobs, Caribbean Jobs Employment, Caribbean Jobs Government, Caribbean Jobs Management, Caribbean Jobs Online, Caribbean Jobs USVI, Caribbean Jobs Vacancies, CaribbeanJobs, CaribbeanJobsOnline.com, Employment, employment in st. thomas, Employment in the Caribbean, employment in usvi, employment vacancies, Environmental Jobs, Environmental Jobs in the Caribbean, Government Jobs, Government Jobs in the Caribbean, Government vacancies, HSE Jobs, HSE Jobs in the Caribbean, HSE Jobs in the USVI, Job Search, Job Vacancies, job vacancies in the Caribbean, job vacancies usvi, Jobs, Jobs in Management, Jobs in St. Thomas USVI, Jobs in the Caribbean, jobs in the virgin islands, Jobs in Virgin Islands, Jobs Online, law enforcement jobs, law enforcement vacancies, Management Caribbean Jobs, Management jobs, Management Jobs in the Caribbean, Management Vacancies, Search Caribbean Jobs, St. Thomas career opportunities, St. Thomas Jobs, St. Thomas Jobs Online, us virgin island employment, USVI, USVI Jobs, Vacancies in Management, Vacancies in the Caribbean, virgin island employment, Virgin Island Jobs, Virgin Islands Jobs, Work in the Caribbean | Comments Off